cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Daily Traffic exceeded, no Links shared

Karasu
New member | Level 2
Thanks for the reply.

"When your account hits our limit, we send a message to the email address registered to your account." - I just checked and have not received an email from Dropbox related to this issue in the past eight years. I've sent a message to support and hope to receive a reply. I don't want to be forced to pay for Dropbox Pro in order to resolve this issue.

Kora
Dropboxer
Got it!

Talk to you via email 😉

Kora

Error 429 - Can't submit a ticket ??

Jefferson N.
Helpful | Level 6

I've been using Dropbox for probably a good 7 years. I share Dropbox links to files that I have to a variety of business associates. A 10mb file via Dropbox is easier than email.

Today without any warning, I get the 429 error. I don't see how to submit a ticket. I do not know what I could have possibly shared to cause it to go over any kind of a limit. I didn't know that there was a limit. There is no way to open a ticket on https://dropbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests and now Dropbox is completely useless to me.

I am posting on here in the hopes that someone can tell me what's going on.

If I can't figure this out by tomorrow, I will simply drop Dropbox by tomorrow and go with Box or OneDrive or something else. This is silly that I get some kind of random banhammer without any warning.

Re: Error 429 - Can't submit a ticket ??

Jefferson N.
Helpful | Level 6
Furthermore, since it is obviously a link that is causing the issue, I've deleted all the links and just created one single new one and still get the 429 error.

Rich
Super User II

A first-time suspension for a bandwidth overage is 24-72 hours and will be lifted automatically. Each subsequent suspension lasts longer. If you're a Basic user, upgrading to Pro will also clear a bandwidth related suspension (because it increases your limit from 20GB/day to 200GB/day).

There are other reasons suspensions occur as well, and due to privacy concerns, the message will always say that it's bandwidth related. The file could have been reported as part of a DMCA request, it could contain a virus or malware, etc. There are many other reasons. In these cases, the suspensions are not lifted automatically and you need to contact Support.

Open your ticket here: https://www.dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Pro users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

Also, deleting all your links will not matter as the suspension is across your entire account and not tied to a specific link. If one link is the problem, the result is that all links are suspended.

Jefferson N.
Helpful | Level 6

I'll see if the ban goes away in 3 days.

Rich
Super User II
Get a ticket open now, in case it doesn't.

Jefferson N.
Helpful | Level 6
Submitted request #5474899

Mark
Super User II
And just remember you can track it at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jefferson N.
Helpful | Level 6
I got a response to the ticket that they fixed the issue. All seems well now.
Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Need more support?