cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Having error 500

Error 500 when attempting to sign in on the site

dbolton1202
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

i am getting an error 500 when i try to sign in

ive already cleared my cache and tried using a different browser

i submitted a bug report using the "self serve tool" and received an automated response to use the "self serve tool"

this has been going on since yesterday and i dont see any outages listed on the outages page

someone please get back to me asap with a resolution

107 Replies 107

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Please see other threads.

It seems Dropbox is having a service issue.

Please see https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Error-messages/error-500/m-p/192873#M10151 for updates (to try and keep everything in one place) and https://status.dropbox.com/

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Please see other threads.

It seems Dropbox is having a service issue.

Please see https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Error-messages/error-500/m-p/192873#M10151 for updates (to try and keep everything in one place) and https://status.dropbox.com/

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Viznja
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

FYI - seems to be working now. I am able to access my files.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

This has been resolved. Please refer to the status page for updated information.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

5827fd5480eb0899283bacfc13224bac.png

sandra1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, I'm trying to upload a file to Dropbox and keep getting the 'Error 500' message.  Just wondering is it just me or if it's a Dropbox problem.  Never happened before.  Any idea's how to fix it??  I use it on Macbook Pro and Iphone 7plus.

Thanks,

Sandra.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
As there isnt loads of posts about it I'm going to assume its not a Dropbox wide issue.

How large is the file? Its possible it could be timing out.

Have you tried to use a different browser? Incognito mode? Cleared cache/cookies etc.?

sandra1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank's for the reply.  It's working again!  Must have just been one of those things.  

Thanks,

Sandra.

KiarraR
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi im am getting this error 500 when i am trying to open a dropbox file that my dad sent me over gmail. I dont know how to fix it can you please help?

KiarraR
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I am trying to open a video that i was sent over email but when i try it goes to this error 500. I am trying to do this on my iphone. Can someone please help me?
Need more support?