cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in deleting files

Error in deleting files

New member | Level 2

Hi everybody.

I need assistance. I use Dropbox Basic and on October 28 th 2020 I accidentaly deleted files from a shared folder with other users (some of them are using Dropbox Plus).

I have to restore these file....they are not in Dropbox bin or in the bin on my PC (i use Dropbox app for Windows 10)

Is there something that i can do? I almost tried everything

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

Re: Error in deleting files

Dropboxer

Hi @OrianaBeFut, thanks for joining the Community!

As it seems that the files were deleted in October, then it wouldn't be possible to recover them since it would be outside of the 30 recovery period, unfortunately.

However, if the shared folder is owned by a user with a Dropbox Professional or Business account, then they would have 180 days to recover files. 

If you're not seeing the ability to recover the files from the deleted files page, or the events page, then it means that even our support team wouldn't be able to do so

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Since you're not seeing the deleted files in the recycle bin, you could try to recover the files from the local machine using a third party app or service to do so, though this isn't a guarantee it would work after so long.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?