cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when viewing files

Error when viewing files

parismcginty
Helpful | Level 6

Hi! All audio files that I have downloaded to drop box over the past few months won’t play. The error message keeps coming up saying ‘.mp3 files are supported but something went wrong’. Any files I had previously downloaded in past years will still play, but any recent downloads will not. I have tried playing the files on the app and on my online account. I have also tried multiple browsers including safari and chrome. I am using an Apple iPhone 8. Any ideas on how to fix this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Error when viewing files

parismcginty
Helpful | Level 6
I just tried downloading the files from the original sender onto my Dropbox account on a different device. I then logged into my Dropbox on my iPhone and it works! Thank you so much for your help 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @parismcginty, thanks for posting on the Community!

Do the files preview normally when you download them to your computer, instead of previewing them from the site directly?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

parismcginty
Helpful | Level 6
Hi,
Yes I just downloaded it to my computer and it will not play.
If I share these files from my Dropbox to others they will also not play. However, when the original sender of the files shares them with other people, they play perfectly on their Dropbox.
Hope this added information helps!

Jay
Dropboxer
It sounds like your device isn't downloading the file correctly, or can't play it on your machine.

What happens if you use another device to download the mp3 files? Have you tried a different audio player to see if this helps?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

parismcginty
Helpful | Level 6
I just tried downloading the files from the original sender onto my Dropbox account on a different device. I then logged into my Dropbox on my iPhone and it works! Thank you so much for your help 🙂

View solution in original post

Jay
Dropboxer
Glad to hear it's working now, @parismcginty!

If you need any further assistance in future, please let me know. Enjoy your weekend!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?