cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with using Dropbox Excel Online

Highlighted

Error with using Dropbox Excel Online

Explorer | Level 3

In all of my Excel files saved to dropbox, when I open them to edit online, this symobl appears in the top left hand corner      );       It is taking up large portions of the screen and even makes it unable for me to see the bottom tabs.Screenshot 2020-09-07 at 13.04.51.png

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Re: Error with using Dropbox Excel Online

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @kylemac03, thanks for reaching out. 

Does this also happen when you open the files from another browser or an incognito window?

Have you tried clearing the cache as well?

Let me know how it goes, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Yes, even when using other browsers the problem occurs, and I have tried clearing the cache, but still the same issue

Highlighted

Large blank area (toolbar?) at top of window when using Excel for Web in Dropbox in Google Chrome

Explorer | Level 3

Large blank area at top of window when using Excel for Web in Dropbox. Like a toolbar, but empty .. although sometimes I have just seen a symbol! Tried all the options I can find in Chrome setup, but only ever a problem in this application.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for posting @kendalli!

It seems you're having a similar issue to what the OP mentioned here. Can you take a look at their screenshot above and let me know if that's what you're also seeing?

Can you try the steps Lusil mentioned too to see if there's any difference?

@kylemac03 can you let me know what other browser you tried this on? Also, did you try through an incognito window too? 

Keep me posted!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Daphne,

Yes I did try through the incognito window and unfortunately  it was the same result. The browsers I tried were Safari and Chrome

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

That's it!

I did eventually get rid of it, but only by completely turning off bookmarks bar (which is not ideal).

I wonder if it will get fixed?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @kylemac03, @kendalli, we appreciate the feedback on this matter. 

There is a possibility that this is related specific browser settings, as we haven't received any other reports on this matter. 

Have you tried a browser without any extensions running and allowing all scripts?

Jay

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?