cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn about how Kev uses Dropbox to make sure he keeps track of all the new music he listens to? Check out his tips here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Everything you wanted to know about Dropbox Paper

RichardDBX
Dropboxer

@whell00s try typing command+/ in a Paper doc to view a full list of shortcuts 🙂 

Kaz
Dropboxer

Hey @Rich 

It’s a common request and something we’re investigating. We would really love to know more about why it’s particularly important for you and how exactly you’d use this capability?

Kaz
Dropboxer

@whell00s you can find a list of all shortcuts by pressing command+? on Mac or control+? on Windows  or by clicking on the keyboard icon in the bottom left of the page 🙂

RichardDBX
Dropboxer

@Mark wrote:

Hi @RichardDBX!

A few from me (sorry....!). This is as somebody who loves Paper now that I know what it actually does..... I needed showing ha!

1. Is there any chance of being able to do things offline in an app on desktop? Still not totally sold on web page client stuff only
  2. When can we get folders to sort things (my Papers set up now is simply put a mess and I cannot cope!) and structure stuff better (Paper in to a structure, linked to Dropbox?). I want to have a Paper eco-system relating to my files
  3. As a feature element when can we start putting folders etc 
  4. Can we please have a way of dragging/dropping files other than just images please? Its a pain to click +
  5. When using tables can we PLEASE have a way of changing colum/row size thats not a PITA
  6. Justification is needed in tables.

Ok, going to stop for a bit as I can smell my tea burning, sorry, and thanks for that - and to @Ed for sorting!! 

Thanks for the great questions and feedback, @Mark

We can't get too specific about our product roadmap with respect to your feature requests, but these are all awesome ideas and we really appreciate the suggestions! 

Regarding #1, #2, and #3, we'd love to hear more about how you would use these features and why they'd be useful to you. #4, #5 and #6 are common feature requests as well, and we'll be sure to take note of them.

Rich
Super User II

Kaz wrote:

We would really love to know more about why it’s particularly important for you and how exactly you’d use this capability?

Offline organization and access to the files would be my primary interest. Ability to work on a document on the web or my mobile device, then come back to the office and open the file locally, for instsance.

whell00s
Helpful | Level 6
thank you!!

RichardDBX
Dropboxer

One of our newest features is the ability to comment on a specific part of an image. Just click on an image in Paper and click the "Add annotation" icon (the circle with the plus sign in the corner). Check it out!

Screenshot%202017-05-25%2012.53.27

Kaz
Dropboxer

Did you know there are /commands on Paper?

Try doing the following in Paper:

• /date + {space}
  • /time + {space}
  • /datetime + {space}
  • /dateutc + {space}
  • /shrug + {space}
  • /gif pug + {enter}

Ed
Dropboxer

Thanks everyone who asked, kudoed or just read this session!

We'd love to hear your feedback. If you could take 2 min of your time, here's a quick survey about this session on Paper

We'll hopefully do more of it in the future 🙂

This session is now closed.

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Mark
Super User II

Cheers @RichardDBX

1. I often work on the go on laptops etc. and so do not always have access to internet. That way I want to be able to work on something, it sit and wait in a pending state and then upload to Dropbox once I get a network connection again - I suppose like the current desktop client does, and, the new Paper mobile app does. 
  2. Dropbox, literally, has my life in it. But my life has many different 'fronts' to it. For example I'm Mark the 'person', Mark the 'teacher', Mark the 'company director' x 2 etc. Each of these strands to my life are in Dropbox in a simple folder structure, but, it doesnt work like that with Paper. 
  3. I want files in Paper to link to whats in my Dropbox. So, we are currently doing some work around our training PowerPoints. I'd love to be able to add those files to the Paper document as a download / peview window and then build up comments around it - preferably linking directly to the file in my Dropbox

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?