cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Excel Pinned Files on Taskbar - Doesn't show DropBox files

Excel Pinned Files on Taskbar - Doesn't show DropBox files

OllyL
New member | Level 2

Hi there,

I've had this problem before and can't remember how I fixed it. Basically there is a weird bug where spreadsheets stored in DropBox don't show up in the recent files when you right click the Excel icon in the Windows taskbar. It's something to do with cloud files I think but there is a way you can get around it. It's really annoying because I always pin my shortcuts down there new files don't show up half the time.

Does anyone know the fix?

1 Reply 1

Re: Excel Pinned Files on Taskbar - Doesn't show DropBox files

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hello there @OllyL, I hope you're having a good day!

Does this happen with all Excel files in Dropbox?

Or do you see this happening for "Online only" files compared to "Local" files?

If possible, please try testing this by pinning a file that is "Online only", check to see if it's pinned, and then right click the file and choose "Smart Sync - Local" to see if it appears then.

Keep me posted with your findings!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Need more support?