cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel files slow sync (cloud)

Excel files slow sync (cloud)

babadb
Explorer | Level 4

Excel files, and only excel files are very slow to cloud sync. LANsinc is fast but the sync indicator on the dropbox icon stays on for a long time. I tested by saving a very small excel file, 10kB, takes 10 sec. A similar size file of any other type, including Word, will cloud sync in 1 or 2 seconds. I have no limit on dropbox speed and my upload speed is 6Mb/s.

11 Replies 11

babadb
Explorer | Level 4

I am the OP.  Nice to see, finally, others noticing this issue.  It would be a help if someone at Drobox WOULD JUST TRY IT!!!  Just create a tiny Excel file and watch how long it takes to sync (just look at the icon) compared to a small word file.  See if you can reproduce the problem before suggesting solutions.  Gee.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for getting back to us here @babadb.

It would be helpful to troubleshoot the issue since I wasn't able to replicate the behaviour you mentioned, and there are many factors that could potentially be causing this.

Did you have the chance to try what Walter suggested previously?

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropbox Staff
    babadb Explorer | Level 4
    davidwh Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?