cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel opens ALL excel folders in DropBox

Excel opens ALL excel folders in DropBox

Giacona86
Explorer | Level 3

Greetings,

I am using a MAC. When I launch Microsoft Excel and Dropbox is open, Excel begins opening ALL excel files in my dropbox folder. I have uninstalled both Excel and Dropbox and have scanned my computer for viruses. Any guidance would be appreciated!

5 Replies 5

Re: Excel opens ALL excel folders in DropBox

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Giacona86, thanks for joining the Community!

When you open Excel, did you try to open a file beforehand, or is it just opening the files without prompting?

Are these files in the Dropbox folder, or located elsewhere?

If the Dropbox desktop application has been shut down, does the issue occur again?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Giacona86
Explorer | Level 3

Jay,

Once I open Excel, Excel automatically begins opening all excel files in my dropbox. It does not open files on my desktop or other folders.  I just tried shutting the application and launching Excel and the same problem continues. 

Steven

Jay
Dropboxer
Could you clarify as to why you believe Dropbox is the cause for this, aside from the location of the files?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Giacona86
Explorer | Level 3
I am not sure which program is causing the problem. Most likely it is excel. I was hoping to find someone who experienced this previously and could provide some guidance.

Jay
Dropboxer
Thanks for the info, I'll leave this thread open for other users to contribute their suggestions.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    Giacona86 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?