cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude folders on Mac

Exclude folders on Mac

Pindarodge
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi,

I have a Dropbox Plus account running on a mac in which I have a folder that I want dropbox to ignore when syncing. So it doesn't need to be stored on dropbox.com and only on my desktop.

In your article "How to set a Dropbox file or folder to be ignored" I read I should be able to do this by rightclicking on the folder in the Dropbox Desktop App and select "Don't sync to dropbox.com". But this option is nowhere to be seen (see screengrab).

Screenshot 2020-11-15 at 10.18.00.png

The version of the desktop app I run is 109.4.517
I believe this is the latest version although it wasn't made entirely clear when installing the app.

I found one post regarding this issue, but I couldn't copy these steps on a mac. What have I missed?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Pindarodge
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Lusil,

Somehow the option appeared when I was checking if the folder was shared.  So now the dropdown did have the "don't sync to dropbox.com" option present. Not a clue what caused the change. Maybe a reboot? But thanks for the reply otherwise I wouldn't have taken this action:)

Best,

Rogier

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @Pindarodge, let's see what we can find. 

I could only recreate the same options that you see when selecting a shared folder. 

Could you let me know if you're trying to choose a shared folder to be ignored?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Pindarodge
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Lusil,

Somehow the option appeared when I was checking if the folder was shared.  So now the dropdown did have the "don't sync to dropbox.com" option present. Not a clue what caused the change. Maybe a reboot? But thanks for the reply otherwise I wouldn't have taken this action:)

Best,

Rogier

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Pindarodge New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?