Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Export PDF with section breaks as new pages?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Is there any way to either insert a page break or export a paper document with certain lines starting at new pages (besides randomly adding a bunch of blank lines until it looks about right)?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Export PDF with section breaks as new pages?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Not at the moment @stoweboyd

As mentioned, I've already logged this as a feature request with the team.

Even though I can't comment whether or not this is going to be implemented, I think it would be very useful for many of our users so thanks for sharing your feedback on this one.

If you have any more questions or feedback, please let me know. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @meowstlin - how are you today?

From what I understand you're exporting Paper docs to PDF  and you'd like to have some lines in the beginning of your pages.  

I am not sure if this works for you, yet, have you tried inputting line breaks by pressing the dash button 3 times consecutively or just once or twice and then enter.

Give this a go and let me know if it works for you or provide me with some more information (or even screenshots?) to show what exactly you'd like to see impemented. 

Thanks in advance for your response.

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi @Walter,

I'm not really looking to enter line breaks, but page breaks instead. I understand that these breaks make presentation mode easier. Is there a way to export the presentation mode formate as a pdf? Basically I was hoping that I could export a pdf with specified page breaks, but right now if I do that with the line breaks, the lines just appear in the middle of the page of the pdf.What lines look like on an exported pdfWhat lines look like on an exported pdf

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I am also having this same issue - when I try to export Paper to pdf, as I cannot see the page break, it is difficult to know how to fit anything nicely by page. Sometimes there will be a header at the end of the first page & I want to format that the header appears on the second page. 

However, currently I have to export to pdf, make a judgement call to make changes then re-export it to see if it is correct.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thank you for the feedback on this one @erg1 - most appreciated.

Would it be OK if I reached out via email to your Dropbox associated address so we can have a further look into this with all of my tools available? 

Walter

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Same for me. Just started to look for any helpful tips and have ended up here reading through.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Sorry to hear that @elliothr  - I've just sent you an email so we can work on this internally with all of my tools available (and escalate it to an expert of my team who specializes in this kind of issues if needed).

Take a look at your inbox (ticket with ID: 8943058 ) and we'll take it from there.

Thanks!

Walter

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I am facing issue for format page in export pdf

I am new in Dropbox Paper and writing my first technical document. 
Please check this link for my issue. 
https://screenpresso.com/=qSaRd
@walter I read you replies above and that is not working for me
Can you please take a look and improve this ?
I want those new points in new page and Dropbox paper doesn't shows when the page is over just like word so it is happening during export PDF. 
Is there any solutions to this ? 

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Sorry to hear that @tejasm-itpath

As I can't open the link you provided for security reasons and since I want help as much as I can with this, I've just reached out to your Dropbox associated email address so we can have a further look into this with all of my tools at my disposal.

Take a look at my message (ticket with ID:8999190 ) and we'll take it from there.

Cheers!

Walter

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

2019-03-12_14h37_24.png

Please check this image

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?