cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export (mime). photo on Android

Highlighted

Export (mime). photo on Android

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello, when exporting a photo about 6-9 MB to Android device, my photo loses extension (mime).  When you try to use this photo and upload it to any other web service, the photo is broken.  The error applies to the version of the 370.2 dropbox, in earlier versions everything is ok.  The problem can be caused on many devices from samsung, htc to huawei. 

Thanks for any help!

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Export (mime). photo on Android

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @strix117, thanks for reaching out to us here!

Just to make sure that I understand correctly, are you exporting this file from the Dropbox mobile app to your Android's storage?

Also, the current version of the mobile app is 170.2. Would you mind just double checking for me in your settings which version you have installed?

If possible, would you mind sending me screenshots of any errors that you're getting? 

Let me know and we can go from there - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?