cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting or Printing a list of the folders/subfolders/files I have in Dropbox-Any developments yet?

Exporting or Printing a list of the folders/subfolders/files I have in Dropbox-Any developments yet?

Stella Villarreal
New member | Level 2

Is there a way to print or export an index of the file names within a Dropbox account?

I have seen numerous posts of people needing this same thing for over a year. Any news on developing it?

It really makes it tedious to work with dropbox, not having this very simple function.

I am sure the development team could solve it.

3 Replies 3

Re: Exporting or Printing a list of the folders/subfolders/files I have in Dropbox-Any developments

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hello @Stella Villarreal, thanks for reaching out to us here!

At the moment, this isn't something that can be done through Dropbox.

We currently have a request for a similar feature to what you mentioned here, which I can suggest sharing your support for by giving it a vote.

If you'd like to suggest something a little different, please feel free to submit your own suggestion there too. Another option I can suggest is to use a third party app which you might be able to find with a quick web search.

Sorry that I couldn't be of much more help with this, but please do let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Document Index

MaryDWT
New member | Level 2

Is there any way to export an index of documents stored in a folder and multiple subfolders?

Re: Document Index

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey there @MaryDWT, I hope you're well today!

I've just moved your post here as you have a very similar question to the OP. 

When you have the time, please check out my post above and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropboxer
    MaryDWT New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?