cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to load image: Instagram Export

Exporting to Instagram problem

SMSchmidt1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I use dropbox to move pictures from my mac to my iphone, and then export them to instagram.  Recently, however, when I go to export from my phone, I get a message that dropbox is linking the file and then it posts directly on instagram, instead of letting instagram open the picture.  It doesn't let me crop or edit in instagram.  Any ideas what to do?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DezignerDude
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I had similar issue in an Android phone. Try these
1. Make sure you have given storage access to both apps Dropbox and Photos app. Just double check usually it’s on.
2. Go to Dropbox app and tap on ‘3 dots icon’ or More options icon. Then select make available offline.
3. Now go back to Instagram and select the file location of Dropbox to select your image file. It should open now.

It seems Instagram can’t access direct dropbox files yet. They must be on storage somewhere. Cheers

View solution in original post

61 Replies 61

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @SMSchmidt1, thanks for checking in with us. 

I'd be more than happy to help look into this, I'll just need some additional info, such as:

• What are the exact steps you're following to export these photos? 
  • Could you send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of the error?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

PHec000
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have been exporting images to instagram from dropbox for a little while now. However, in the last few days I keep getting an error saying ' unable to load image' and then it fails.
Anyone got any ideas about how I can solve this issue?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @PHec000; welcome to our Community!

I'll be glad to help with this; could you forward me a screenshot of the exact error you get so I can get a visual too?

By the way, are you on an Android device or on an iOS one? Have you updated both apps from your app store and your device's OS to the latest versions? 

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

simchaxs
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi, Ive encountered exactly the same problem. Since yesterday, I am unable to export my photos to IG feed, but can do so using IG Direct, or Google Photos.

FreekDirkx
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Since 2 days Instagram isn't able to open photos i exported from Dropbox. I turned of the phone, I reinstalled Instagram, I emptied the cache.

I can post photos from my phone, just not from my dropbox folder.

Any help is much appreciated.

Take care Freek

SMSchmidt1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I haven't had time to figure this out.  I'll try using one of those two options. Thanks.

sergeo30
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Until today, I had been successfully uploading images to Instagram from Dropbox on Samsung Android phone, by clicking IG Feed button for a number of years. Today, when I click the button, i get the error message 'unable to load image'. IG opens and then closes, with the error message. The only difference I can see, is that IG updated on my phone yesterday. I can do a work around by downloading images to my phone and then sharing the images from there, but it is inconvenient and adds an extra unnecessary step. anyone got a suggestion why this is happening and how to solve it? I have reinstalled IG etc, and all the usual.. many thanks

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello @FreekDirkx, I hope you're having a good day so far!

So I can have a better idea of the steps you're taking, can you let me know a little more info on how you're exporting the files from Dropbox to Instagram? Are you using the steps outlined here?

Also, if you're getting any error messages, please send me a screenshot (excluding any personal info) of what you're seeing.

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Daniel75
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Walter,

I am having the same problem exporting a photo to my Instagram feed from Dropbox on my Android phone. Yesterday this worked fine.  When I select a photo in my Dropbox, go to Export, go to Instagram Feed, I receive a message stating, "unable to load image."  Any suggestions?  Thank you.

Need more support?