cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to load image: Instagram Export

Exporting to Instagram problem

SMSchmidt1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I use dropbox to move pictures from my mac to my iphone, and then export them to instagram.  Recently, however, when I go to export from my phone, I get a message that dropbox is linking the file and then it posts directly on instagram, instead of letting instagram open the picture.  It doesn't let me crop or edit in instagram.  Any ideas what to do?

61 Replies 61

FreekDirkx
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi,

I can also export to Whatsapp without problems.

SuomiGirl
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Has this changed in the last few days?

I have tried on S8 and S20 phones and neither works now.

Here's what I have been doing for the last 2 years successfully :

open dropbox

select the photograph

three dots : select 'export'

choose 'Instagram Feed'

in the past, this has always worked and exported the photograph easily and quickly.

now, I get an error message saying :  'unable to load image'

Do I now need to save the image to the phone and then send to insta?

Maybe it's a samsung thing.

RockinRein
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I've used dropbox for years and years, and always have been very happy with it. But since a few days I can't download photos from dropbox to my phone anymore. I can't upload them to instagram, and I can't download them directly to my phone. It says 'unable to load image' in Instagram, and I just get a black photo when I download it to my phone directly.

I tried restarting my phone (an oneplus 3T), reinstalling Instagram and dropbox, but nothing changed. I can still upload the photos from my phone to Instagram, so I suspect something changed at the dropbox side of things.

Does anyone have the same problem? Or maybe a solution?

Thanks in advance!
Rein

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi all; thanks for your reports and happy Friday!

I think @DezignerDude is on to somehting here, so could you try the steps he mentioned to try to export the files in question after offlining them and let us know if this works for you?

Thank you all for your cooperation! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

FreekDirkx
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thx @DezignerDude for your effort. I followed your steps but no luck. The problem persists.....

RockinRein
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Suomi,

I tried saving the photo to my phone first aswell, via dropbox. But that doesnt work either, I cant open the downloaded photo.

Rein

sergeo30
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

thanks for the suggestion, but couldnt get  @DezignerDude suggestion to work either...

PHec000
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
No, it did not work for me either.
Using android 8
App version 180.22
And a Samsung phone

Kieranmetcalfe
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I'm getting the same problem with exporting direct to Instagram feed and getting the "unable to load image" error.

It works fine exporting to twitter, just not Instagram, and worked fine up until a couple of days ago as it was part of my social media workflow.

I'm on a Samsung a40 if that ads anything to the mix?

Exporting the file to the device storage and then adding manually through Instagram is a real pain, lots of steps, have to wait for the image to download, struggle to find where DB saved the file to - the direct export prices was really straight forward.

Thanks 🙂

Kieranmetcalfe
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
(process, not prices!)

Darn autocorrect!
Need more support?