cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Version History for $39.99 - only new files??

Extended Version History for $39.99 - only new files??

cheezwhizkid
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am doing a major cleanup and deleted thousands of files. I wanted to use Dropbox to retain those deleted files for an extended period of time beyond the standard 30 days. I was all excited when I discovered "Extended Version History" on the Dropbox website. Reading the product description, it says "applies to any file deleted or modified after purchase". Huh? only the files I delete in the future? Am I reading correctly? Why can't it extend the lifespan of files already deleted? What are my options other than recover and delete again (which is not practical nor going to happen),

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Unfortunately that is the only way - all upgrades etc. are only active from time of purchase. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Unfortunately that is the only way - all upgrades etc. are only active from time of purchase. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

cheezwhizkid
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thx, I get that it's a service going forward but it seems a bit off that you have all these files that will expire shortly that cannot be extended for some unbeknownst reason. 

merika87
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello,

I need information. 

I would recover some files that I have uploaded and deleted in the latest 3 months  but I have a basic account now. 

What can I do?

Should I pay for a business account? 

By doing this... Will I recover these files back by the 29th? 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @merika87 

I'm afraid there is nothing you can do - the deletion timescale on the files relates to the date of deletion. So, if you did not have a Paid account at the time you deleted them they are not recoverable after 30 days. Unfortunately upgrading now will not get you your files back. 

Chris222
New member | Level 2

I want a 1 yr upgrade for $39.99

Mark
Super User II

I dont believe it is available to purchase any more. 

If it is it will be available via https://www.dropbox.com/manage/subscriptions

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Chris222 New member | Level 2
    merika87 New member | Level 2
    cheezwhizkid Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?