cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Folder Share - Edit - Can't see uploaded files

External Folder Share - Edit - Can't see uploaded files

cmagotiaux
New member | Level 2

I've shared a folder with an external user with "can edit" permissions. They've uploaded documents to said folder but I can't see them on my end. Any suggestions?

1 Reply 1

Re: External Folder Share - Edit - Can't see uploaded files

Rich
Super User II

@cmagotiaux wrote:

They've uploaded documents to said folder but I can't see them on my end. Any suggestions?

Have you checked the folder on the Dropbox website? If so, and the files are not in the folder, then they haven't been uploaded yet. It could be that they haven't synced from the other person's computer, or they simply haven't added anything to the folder yet. If you can see them in the folder on the website, then they're not syncing down to your computer for some reason.

Once you determine where the issue is (their end uploading or your end downloading), it will be easier to troubleshoot.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?