Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Extra map in shared folder

Explorer | Level 3

I am confused ! Did Dropbox change the policy of the possibility to make extra maps in shared folders. And share them with the other members...  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Extra map in shared folder

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Thanks for getting back to us, @jdgr2019

If the top folder that contains the sub-folder Selection is shared with other users, they should be able to see it all content included in it and, if they have edit permissions, be able to add files.

If, however, the parent folder is a shared folder already and you want the sub-folder Selection to be sent to others as a shared folder too, as @Rich mentions, you won’t be able to. 

In this case, you can send it to them a shared link so that they are able to access its content and create a file request so that they can upload photos to it. 

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey, could you please elaborate on what you mean when you mention:

@jdgr2019 wrote:

the possibility to make extra maps in shared folders

Are your referring to creating or sharing sub-folders? Are you the owner of this shared folder?

Also, are you getting any errors? Could you also send me a screenshot (omitting personal info) of the issue at hand?

Let me know what you find!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@jdgr2019 wrote:

I am confused ! Did Dropbox change the policy of the possibility to make extra maps in shared folders. And share them with the other members...  

Dropbox has never allowed a folder to be shared if it's within an folder that's already shared. Shared folders cannot be nested, with one exception*. You can share a link to a subfolder that's within an already shared folder, but you can't explicity share the subfolder and provide edit access to it.

* There's an exception if you're on a Business account and want to share a folder that's within a Team folder.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I am the owner of the folder with a lot of photos. In the folder I place a new map and give it the name: selection. The members of the folder must be able to see the map 'selection' and they also must be able to drop the best photos in it.  Is that possible, or not... ?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Thanks for getting back to us, @jdgr2019

If the top folder that contains the sub-folder Selection is shared with other users, they should be able to see it all content included in it and, if they have edit permissions, be able to add files.

If, however, the parent folder is a shared folder already and you want the sub-folder Selection to be sent to others as a shared folder too, as @Rich mentions, you won’t be able to. 

In this case, you can send it to them a shared link so that they are able to access its content and create a file request so that they can upload photos to it. 

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Lusil

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?