cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed - Network Error

Failed - Network Error

TJW1
Explorer | Level 3

I recently began having an issue downloading zip files or folders. 

After a few seconds of downloading, the download fails with a 'Failed - Network Error' - And resuming results with the same error. 

I have tried on multiple browsers with the same result, I have tried on incognito with the same result, I have tried a reboot, reinstall, and clearing cashe/browser. 

I can download individual files, but often get the same error, but when I resume they finish. Downloading each file individually is not an option. 

The zip / folder are under 20gb and under 10,000 files. 

I have seen several other threads noting this issue with no clear solution, and as I said it was never an issue till yesterday. 

Same issue on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. Also same issue on Mac and PC. 

My internet is stable and clocking 450+ mbps download - 20+ mbps upload.

This has occured with multiple files from clients as well as when I add to my own account. 

URGENT!

Library 2_9_2021 1_56_42 PM.pngSolved_ Can't download files_ _Failed - Network Error_ rou... - Dropbox Community - Google Chrome 2_9_2021 1_55_35 PM.pngDownloads and 1 more page - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge 2_9_2021 1_55_14 PM.png

9 Replies 9

Re: Failed - Network Error

TJW1
Explorer | Level 3

Downloading the individual files also creates failures for no descernable reason. 

Downloads - Google Chrome 2_9_2021 2_17_55 PM.png

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi there @TJW1, let's see what we can find on this. 

Do you have any third party browser extensions on your browsers or antivirus/security apps that could be hindering this process? 

Could you also let me know how large the files and folders are that you're trying to download?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

TJW1
Explorer | Level 3

I do not have any 3rd party extensions. 

Antivirus is standard windows 10, and I haven't made any changes or additional security. 

The files range from 100mb - 3gb, definietly not over 20gb. As I mentioned I have issues downloading even the individual files and often need to hit resume. 

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @TJW1, it's possible that a proxy, VPN, some other firewall or security software, or even ISP/router issues that could be restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains.

Is this on a personal or work network? Have you been able to download any files successfully on another network? 

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

TJW1
Explorer | Level 3

I haven't made any changes to my network, haven't added any additional security or VPN .. etc 

This only became a problem this week so im not sure what could have changed. 

This is my home network, and I dont really have another network to test on. 

Jay
Dropboxer
Have you tried disabling the firewall on your router temporarily, since they can update themselves and might have added additional security measures?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

warriorpriest
New member | Level 2

Any update on this?? I am having the exact same issue. 

Failed: Network Error

warriorpriest
New member | Level 2

OK I need some serious help here. I got time sensitive downloads from several links that have to be downloaded by the 30th. I have tried several browsers, clearing my cash, resetting my router and modem, restarting my computer, using an incognito tab, I don't have plug ins running, i tried with and without firewalls and the same thing always happens.  I go to download the zip files and I always get Failed: network error. The files very in size but are less then 20G.  I have one that is 8.9G and it went to 8.7G before it failed. Help please. I do not want to pay for a monthly service or anything like that. I have had no issues until this week. I download these files about once a month with no previous problems. I also have had no issues with other cloud services like Drive, sync, airbridge, etc. All issues occur with just dropbox. 

Help please....

Re: Failed: Network Error

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @warriorpriest; I'm sorry for the late reply here. 

Are you still having issues with this?

If you do, please send us a screenshot so that we can have a look too. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?