Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Failed to open folder on dropbox.com

Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I got a very unusual issue. I am not able to open a shared folder on dropbox.com. When I try to click to the folder it returns me back to my root folder and shows 'Still working' message for about ten minutes and nothing happens. It's strange cause I am able to open other folders in the same subdirectory and it works fine. I tried

1) open folder with other browsers

2) log out and log in again 

I have not tried with desktop application yet due to sync difficulties (there are about 200GB data), so can you help me to solve this or suggest reasons for having this issue on dropbox.com. 

I suggest that it's because of folder size (approximately 400.000 files), (other folders that I opened successfully have much fewer files in them), so what do you think?  

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Failed to open folder on dropbox.com

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @VGhazaryan, thanks for giving another browser a try - definitely helps our investigation. 

Could you also give an incognito/private session a try?

If that doesn't work, could you ensure that you're not running any third party browser extensions and clear the cache before trying to access the folder in question again?

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for your reply. I tried all the steps that you mentioned, but unfortunately, there are no changes (I still can't access to mentioned folder). For more information,  sometimes I get another message  saying 'There was a problem completing this request.' and again I was returned to the root dictionary.  

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for giving those steps a try, @VGhazaryan

I've sent you a ticket to the email address connected to your Community profile so as to have a better look into this matter together. 

When you have the chance, please check your inbox for my latest message. 

Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?