cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Plan - can everyone see all shared files? I want some shared folders with only my wife.

Family Plan - can everyone see all shared files? I want some shared folders with only my wife.

New member | Level 2

Hi,

I am looking to upgrade to the family plan.

I want to keep some files between my wife and me with out the kids having access.

Is the family plan capable of this? or does everyone see all shared files regardless?

3 Replies 3

Re: Family Plan

Super User II

@Vallis wrote:

I want to keep some files between my wife and me with out the kids having access.

Is the family plan capable of this? or does everyone see all shared files regardless?

From here: https:confused face:/help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/plans-upgrades/dropbox-family-faqs

Can the other members of my Family plan see the files I save to Dropbox?
Each member of your Dropbox Family plan has their own, private account. Only the files you choose to share can be viewed or edited by others. 
Note: If you create or move files or folders inside a shared folder or the Family Room Folder, they'll automatically be shared with everyone who has access to the folder.

New member | Level 2

Thanks Rich,

To clarify, I can select who has access to which folder, no one else will see it, right?

Dropboxer

Hey @Vallis!

You can indeed select who you share certain folders with, just like in a regular personal account.

From what Rich quoted above, it's to clarify that each person on the Family plan has their own account, so not all files/folders are shared automatically with the other Family members.

If you choose to share a folder with only your wife, then only you and her will be able to access the folder.

Hope that helps clarify the matter!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?