cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fies uploaded from my mac on to dropbox are not appearing on my windows laptop

Fies uploaded from my mac on to dropbox are not appearing on my windows laptop

buddybuddy63
Helpful | Level 5

Hello, this has been puzzling me for days. I don't know why I can  not see files that I have uploaded on drop from my mac when I use dropbox on my laptop... help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Files uploaded from my mac on to dropbox are not appearing on my windows laptop

buddybuddy63
Helpful | Level 5

Hi @Mark, @Hannah , everyone

I think the gremlin has gone and sync is working as it should!  I went into Dropbox Preferences/Account on both my Mac and my Windows Laptop and compared everything. At first the Space used on my Windows Laptop was 98% of 2.8 GB but on my Mac it was only 39.5%. Also the Dropbox versions were different on my windows laptop and my Mac, I then reinstalled the Dropbox App on my mac again and everything seems to be working again. The app version is now v121.4.4267 on both.

Thank you for your avid support  

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Re: Fies uploaded from my mac on to dropbox are not appearing on my windows laptop

Mark
Super User II

Have you looked to see if you've used any illegal characters? 

Click on the Dropbox icon on your computer, then the little icon at the top right and 'view sync issues'

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: Fies uploaded from my mac on to dropbox are not appearing on my windows laptop

buddybuddy63
Helpful | Level 5

Thank you for responding Mark. View Sync issues says "Personal no errors" on my mac as well as on my windows laptop. I am very baffled. I think things started going wrong after I bought and did a major cleanup of my Mac using CleanMyMac X.

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @buddybuddy63, thanks for your post!

Like @Mark pointed out, this could be related to incompatible characters in the names of your files. Can you check this article that includes all the characters, to see if you have any?

Also, what is the current syncing status of the Dropbox application? You can see that by hovering your mouse over the Dropbox icon in your system tray (on the Windows laptop).

Let me know what you find!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

buddybuddy63
Helpful | Level 5

Hey Hannah thanks for responding. Filename only uses are only Alphanumeric characters and sync status on both laptop and mac is up to date (green tick). I am also definitely using the same Dropbox account.... this is so puzzling to me...

Re: Files uploaded from my mac on to dropbox are not appearing on my windows laptop

buddybuddy63
Helpful | Level 5

Hi @Mark, @Hannah , everyone

I think the gremlin has gone and sync is working as it should!  I went into Dropbox Preferences/Account on both my Mac and my Windows Laptop and compared everything. At first the Space used on my Windows Laptop was 98% of 2.8 GB but on my Mac it was only 39.5%. Also the Dropbox versions were different on my windows laptop and my Mac, I then reinstalled the Dropbox App on my mac again and everything seems to be working again. The app version is now v121.4.4267 on both.

Thank you for your avid support  

View solution in original post

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

buddybuddy63 Helpful | Level 5
    Hannah Dropboxer
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?