cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: File/Data Recovery

File/Data Recovery

andrewshark007
New member | Level 2

Hello All,

I am looking for a way to recover deleted files from my dropbox account. I am passed the 30 day recovery window from the basic account, however, I am currently using the Dropbox Professional feature upgrade (offering 180 day recovery, but photos still not in deleted files folder) in hopes I can rewind my account to obtain those lost files (they were all pictures in video). The files were deleted via my iphone. I am also looking for alternative methods such as data recovery from my iphone cache, being able to get my files through a software, etc. I would really appreicate any and all advice/troubleshooting, thank you!

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@andrewshark007 wrote:
I am passed the 30 day recovery window from the basic account, however, I am currently using the Dropbox Professional feature upgrade ... in hopes I can rewind my account to obtain those lost files

Were you already on the Professional account when the files were deleted? If not, the recovery period for those files is still 30 days. Upgrading to a paid account only extends the recovery period for files deleted after the upgrade. Files deleted before the upgrade that are already outside of the recovery period cannot be restored.

Lori
Dropboxer

Hey @andrewshark007, thanks for posting your question here!

@Rich is right. If you're over the 30 day recovery limit, then you wouldn't be able to restore the content. 

If I were you, I'd contact our Support Team and look into this problem with them.

Can you give this a try, and let me know the ticket number reference from the communication?

Keep me posted!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Need more support?