cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Management

File Management

New member | Level 2

Hello Dropbox Friends, 

We are a multiple dropbox using office logging in from different work email accounts. We share all of our folders. 

With that foundation being set.

We have individual client folders that are in multiple places within our shared dropbox. 

Here is my dilemma.

When we UPDATE a client's folder we need the information to be updated in the client's folder in all locations. 

For example - we have the client's folder in three different places due to different programs that the client is involved with. When I edit a document in the folder, I need that document to update in the client's folder in all folders where it is located. The information is not exclusive to a particular program. 

I hope this explains what we need. 

Thank you in Advance. 

- Good Dads 

2 Replies 2

Re: File Management

Dropboxer

Hi there @Good Dads, thanks for dropping by. 

Although there's currently no option to update a file in three different folders in one go, you can have a look at this thread which proposes such a feature. 

There, you can upvote the idea and comment alongside other like-minded users. 

I hope this helps!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: File Management

New member | Level 2

@Lusil Thank you for your reply. 

I would think that they could make a feature that could operate to update files in all locations when saving changes to one.

That would be nice! 

Have a great day.  

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?