cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Name Auto Upload

File Name Auto Upload

aljo
Explorer | Level 3

For the last 5 years or so, I have linked my phone to automatically upload my pictures/videos to my Dropbox account. These have always uploaded as YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS. I've been behind in my uploads for over the past year and they are now uploading as "'Video/(Photo)' Month Day, Time" - which, I'm not a fan of. I want the old upload file name as it reflected the year. Now, for me to know the year the picture/video originated, I need to open the file and go into the info of it which is very time consuming considering how many photos/uploads that are set to upload and hoping I don't need to do that. I believe I ran into this issue a while back and was able to adjust it back to the old way, but am having difficulty doing that now.  How does one adjust the file name to be upload to the YYYY-MM-DD format rather than the "'Media Type' Month Day, Time" format?

3 Replies 3

Re: File Name Auto Upload

Rich
Super User II

@aljo wrote:

hese have always uploaded as YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS. I've been behind in my uploads for over the past year and they are now uploading as "'Video/(Photo)' Month Day, Time" - which, I'm not a fan of.

The automatic Camera Uploads feature only uploads files as YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS. Photos or videos that are uploaded manually are give a name in the Video/Photo Month Day Time format. There are no settings to control either of these naming formats.

aljo
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the response, Rich. I'm feeling a lot like my parents meeting technology right now lol. Question - can you explain further the manual vs auto. I thought I was set for the auto-upload;  currently have the feature "Photo Backup" selected so theoretically, I'm not manually doing the upload; the moment I turn my phone off of lower power mode, everything starts syncing to the Dropbox file, "Camera Uploads" (my phone constantly being on low-power mode is the reason I have such backlog).

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @aljo!

You can check more regarding Camera Uploads, and manually uploading content using the mobile app, by checking the articles I've provided you with.

Give me another shout if something comes up.

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    aljo Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?