cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Request Not Showing

File Request Not Showing

RealFlex
Explorer | Level 3

I closed a ton of file request folders and usually I'm able to go to the closed tab and reopen them, but all of the sudden these went away and now I can't find none of those close file request I had. PLEASE HELP. I really need those folders, I closed them because I was able to close and reopen.

8 Replies 8

Re: File Request Not Showing

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @RealFlex, welcome to our Community! 

Is it possible that you have moved those folders? 

Also, could you double-check that you're looking at the correct Dropbox account?

Give me a nudge whenever you have the chance to check these out, thanks!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

RealFlex
Explorer | Level 3
Thanks for the reply. It is the correct account and no I have not moved the folders. I di see that Dropbox looks different as I also had shared files and those now show on a different place. Not sure if there was some sort of update but this completely changed what I had. I still have some open folders and I was able to see those but as soon as I went to the closed tab none of the other folders were there and the opened showed twice.

Lori
Dropboxer
Thanks for all the additional info @RealFlex

Let me ask you a few more things.  Can you check what your account's plan is? 

It'd also help to know when was the last time you used the File Request, and which browser you're using on your end.

Lori
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

RealFlex
Explorer | Level 3
I have the basic free account. I use it constantly almost on a daily basis. I noticed this about 2 weeks ago I just hadn't had a chance to look it throughly and couldn't find support for this issue either. I've used Firefox and Chrome those are the two browsers I used constantly.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @RealFlex, could you try switching browsers to see if this helps? 

Otherwise, you can try using incognito/private browsing mode without any extensions running, clearing your cache and even resetting your browser entirely. 

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

RealFlex
Explorer | Level 3
What other browser do I need to use? I've checked this in 3 different computers and I get the same result on top of including my phone...

Jay
Dropboxer
Did you disable all extensions and plugins in the browsers that you're using, since those could affect how the site loads?

After editing the file request, if you refresh the browser page, do the changes appear there?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

RealFlex
Explorer | Level 3

No I have not remove, added or changed anything in none of my browsers. I also tested Microsoft edge and is the same issue. Is not the browser since I've used several computers and 3 different browsers and phone with same result.

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

RealFlex Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?