cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Request and photo sharing

File Request and photo sharing

Jessica R
New member | Level 2

Hey everyone, I want to create individual folders for my clients to drop their photos in, and have it automatically sharable with my team.

I started with FILE REQUEST, but there are some problems with it.

#1. It doesn't share even when I request it. And I don't want to have to SHARE it every time my client uploads a file. I want these files to be viewable for my team automatically.

#2 Only the person who creates the FILE REQUEST can view and has to share everytime in order for team to see photos, and even then they can't sometimes.

#3 The photos load very slowly

Is there another way to do any of this?

Or does anyone recommend an easier platform to use?

Thank you

1 Reply 1

Re: File Request and photo sharing

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

@Jessica R wrote:

Hey everyone, I want to create individual folders for my clients to drop their photos in, and have it automatically sharable with my team.

Hi @Jessica R,

What you mean "automatically shareable"? 🤔 If you have shared the particular folder everything inside is shared (even if you don't want). So,.. what you really want? 🧐

@Jessica R wrote:

#1. It doesn't share even when I request it. And I don't want to have to SHARE it every time my client uploads a file. I want these files to be viewable for my team automatically.

😁 No, there is no way to share files automatically, just share the directory (as I said above).

@Jessica R wrote:

#2 Only the person who creates the FILE REQUEST can view and has to share everytime in order for team to see photos, and even then they can't sometimes.

"File request" doesn't affect sharing in any way! It's just... request. 😉 Sharing is something else. Don't mix them!

Hope this gives idea.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Super Collaborator | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?