cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

File Requests - Moving Uploaded File Requests to regular Dropbox Folders

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi I sent out a file request to a bunch of people uploading raw video footage. They uploaded it all no problem but the files are large and there are lots of them. The .zip's I download beyond one or two files give me an "Unable to expand - Error 2 - No such file or directory" error.

What I would like to do is move or add the files (or ideally the whole folder) to my regular dropbox so they could all be downloaded over time like regular dropbox files. Is this possible? 

(if not obviously in the future I'll just send people a folder to upload to instead of using the file request feature - it seemed so perfect!)

Thanks

- Jeremy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: File Requests - Moving Uploaded File Requests to regular Dropbox Folders

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @jeremysr, thanks for posting on the Community!

The file requests are usually stored in a folder on your Dropbox account, so they should already be syncing to your computer.

Could you check if you have them under the default location for your file requests?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @jeremysr, thanks for posting on the Community!

The file requests are usually stored in a folder on your Dropbox account, so they should already be syncing to your computer.

Could you check if you have them under the default location for your file requests?

Keep me posted!

Jay

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hey thanks Jay! It's there!

(I had kept looking for the name of the file request folder I'd sent out, as opposed to looking for a base folder called "file requests."

Thanks very much

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Glad to hear you were able to locate the folder, @jeremysr!

Enjoy your weekend! 

Jay

Highlighted

Re: File Requests - Moving Uploaded File Requests to Folders

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi Jay, 

What should one do if you are on the receiving end in this situation? Someone has sent me files via dropbox and I do not see any option to move them to my dropbox. 

Is there a way to move/transfer them to my personal dropbox? Rather than downloading multiple massive files to then have to re-upload them to my account. Please advise when you can! 

Thanks! 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @micha13, the above situation is the same as your own.

If you created a File Transfer, and the users uploaded to your account directly using that link, then the files should already be on your account.

If you’re referring to them sending you a shared link to their files, there should be an option to 'Save to my Dropbox' at the top when logged into your account.

If this was via another method, please let me know exactly how you received the info. Thanks!

Jay

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi Jay,

I was sent a dropbox link to a folder with the files in them. There were no options to do anything with the files except direct download. Do I need to have the Dropbox app on my computer to move things from a shared link to my personal dropbox? 

Let me know of any suggestions when you can. 

thank you! 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

If you’re signed into your Dropbox account on the web when you view the shared link, then you should have the option to save the files to your account on the same section where you see direct download.

Jay

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?