cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Types

Highlighted
Explorer | Level 3

Where can I find what file types are permitted to be stored in Dropbox and what types are not permitted?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: File Types

Super User II

@prohap2 wrote:

Where can I find what file types are permitted to be stored in Dropbox and what types are not permitted?

There are no restrictions on the types of files you can store in Dropbox. Some file types won't sync, but this isn't because they're restricted. It's because they're system files or other types that would be problematic, or contain characters in their file names that are incompatible with a specific operating systems.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Super User II

@prohap2 wrote:

There are no restrictions on the types of files you can store in Dropbox. Some file types won't sync, but this isn't because they're restricted. It's because they're system files or other types that would be problematic, or contain characters in their file names that are incompatible with a specific operating systems.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Got it.  Thanks.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?