cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File and Folder Sizes WRONG ! How to verify ?!

File and Folder Sizes WRONG ! How to verify ?!

Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

Dropbox shows me totally different file sizes then MAC OS.

How Can I verify that everything has been uploaded correctly ?

After uploading several 100GB, how can I prove everything is there ???

Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-23 um 19.35.39.png

4 Replies 4

Re: File and Folder Sizes WRONG ! How to verify ?!

Dropboxer

Hey @audiocontrol, I'd be happy to help look into this with you!

Generally, you can find file changes that occurred to your account, like additions and deletions, from your events page

As for the file size, it looks like the files on your screenshot aren't the ones in your Dropbox folder, since they don't have any syncing icons next to them. 

Could you check what their size is when you look through your local Dropbox folder?

Also, try to preview some of the files from the website and let me know if any error messages come up. 

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

So I'm upöoading lots of stuff, thats why I dont put it in the dropboxfolder on my harddrive, but upload it in the browser.

It seams like the stuff is completed, but I can not check as the file sizes are not correct.

YES, these are the absolute correct files...

Explorer | Level 3

Take a look here:

In the upper left corner you can see the folder in my dropbox, in the upper right corner is the original from my hard drive and in the browser the filesizes online at dropbox.com...

@Lusil please help, I got 5TB of data and found some which were definitely not complete...

This is not very Pro !

Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-29 um 22.15.23.jpg

Dropboxer

Thanks for the info, @audiocontrol, I'd recommend contacting the support team directly for them to look into this matter in more detail.

Once you get a ticket ID from the automated response, please let me know the number here so I can locate it in our system!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?