cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File from Gmail has disappeared

File from Gmail has disappeared

JenJen1
New member | Level 2

Hi everyone, 

im a new dropbox user, i was sent a file via a gmail email and have opened it in my Dropbox (approx 1 yr ago) but now it has disappeared. It was a audio recording file, i listened to it once then i tried to open it about a minth later and it was gone.  I tried again about 6 mths later and it had reappeared the next day it was gone again and now ive checked more than 10 times over the past 4 months and nothing... any help would be greatly apprecoated, thanks, Jen Jen 

PS the sender no longer has the file so it cant be resent  😞

1 Reply 1

Re: File from Gmail has disappeared

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @JenJen1, let's see what we can find about this. 

Did you receive the file in a shared link on your email, or did the message mention that you were added to it? 

Can you find the file in your Share tab by any chance?

Give me a nudge of any updates, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?