cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File invite limits

File invite limits

Helpful | Level 5

Yesterday I tried sending an invite to share a file and received this message "You've hit the limits of invites you can send per day, try again in 24 hours". I'm confused as I had not sent any other invites yesterday, and when I tried again in 24 hours I received the same message. Is this an error or is there something I'm not aware of or something I can do does anybody know? I've never had this problem with Dropbox before :disappointed face:

7 Replies 7

Re: File invite limits

Dropboxer

Hey there @PeterC3, thanks for reaching out to us here!

Since you're having persistent trouble with this error, I'd suggest reaching out to our Support team so that they can look into this further with you.

To do so, please visit this page via an incognito window (so that you're signed out of your account) and fill in the relevant details under the "Submit a help request" section. You may need to scroll down just a little to find this.

Once you've done this, you can let me know the ticket number that you received (eg #1234567) and I can pass along your comments from here too if you'd like.

Sorry that I can't be of much more help from here, but do let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Helpful | Level 5

Thank you Daphne.

Ticket #10763561: DB: Invite limits

There is a problem here. 

I am only trying to invite 1 person to access files, after no other invites in previous days, yet still being blocked. Why?

This seems to be an error. I need to regain the use of my Dropbox account, how can this happen?

Unfortunately the response from Dropbox support did not seem to understand the problem and did not offer any solution.

Any assistance to help with being able to again use my account will be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Peter

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @PeterC3!

I've just passed along your comments to my colleague who's handling your case. I can assure you that they're the best equipped to assist you with this and they'll get back to you as soon as possible with an update.

If there's anything else that I can help with in the meantime, please don't hesitate to get back to me here.

Cheers!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

I guess its chronic issue, me and my friends and lot of users have the same error

Dropboxer

Hey there @Ahmad Hassan; thanks for joining the discussion here and sorry to hear you are also getting this error. 

Have you by any chance tried to contact our Support team following the steps Daphne mentioned in her first response on this thread? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

New member | Level 2

Hello @

Yes i sent help request...

however I got reply from dropbox that 

Replies to this email are routed to an unmonitored inbox and will not be answered by our support team.

my aplogyhowever , I dont expect that it wont be solved as i cant talk to any support team to take care of

Dropboxer

Thanks for the nudge here, Ahmad. 

I just sent you an email to the address that's associated with your Community's profile to have a better look into this.

Whenever you get the chance, please take a look at your inbox for my message and we'll take it from there.

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?