Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

File requests don't retain folder structure!

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi,

When our clients are uploading files organized into folder structures with file requests we send, I am loosing the folders, and this is a useless jumble of files. Why in the world is there not the default of keeping the folder structure on upload. Dropbox works with folders like this from the start. This seems like a huge oversight that is making my business waste time, and making us look unprofessional by giving them silly instructions like zipping it, and this and that.

Please fix this. Does anyone have a setting I need to turn on or any insight besides for making our clients do extra steps when they are CEOs that are not tech savvy.

Thank you.

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: File requests don't retain folder structure!

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @ProInnovation

Welcome to the Dropbox Community!

If you're trying to upload folders through file requests, there isn't currently an option to do this. 

However, I'd be more than happy to pass your comments along to the dev team for future consideration!

If you have any other questions or I've misunderstood what you're trying to do, please don't hesitate to get back to me. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Yes please add this as a feature. It's driving my clients nuts and making more work for us when it should be easy. Borderline switching to another service because we use file requests to much. Also please make the app allow you to create file requests. 

If anyone else agrees please like this or leave your feedback so they know all us pro users who use it for business would really like this.

Thanks!

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Sure thing, @ProInnovation!

If you like, you can also share your feedback in detail here where other users can upvote and express their interest.  

Let me know if we can help with anything else!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Totally agree with you Proinnovation.

This is crazy, also just discovered this major fail in dropbox request when using for 1st time today.  Sending video and sound files of a huge conference I filmed which I organised into an orderly folder structure of the days proceedings.  Editor contacted me to let me know the jumbled mess that she just downloaded, what a waste of time and 10gb worth of upload.  C'mon dropbox, get your head out of the box, what a mess, who in the world would authorise such a fail of a process, in shock!!!!

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Same here! I now have to find an alternative solution to Dropbox to do that.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?