cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File reverting back to original template

Highlighted

File reverting back to original template

New member | Level 2

I have a production report that I have to complete each day for each project that I am working on. I created a template to use for project "A", and I continue to use this template for other projects but with minor edits. I have inputted all of my data into this new template for project "B" and saved it to the shared dropbox...all is good on my end, I can open edit and its all normal. 

However, when I share this file by email or just with another user via drop box, the project "B" file is reverting back to an old project "A" file with all of the wrong data. Everything is perfectly normal with mine but other users cannot access the project "B" report.

Its driving me insane and slowing down my day. Please help me.  

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: File reverting back to original template

Dropboxer

Hi @audreycmarie, thanks for messaging today!

Could you clarify exactly how you're sharing the file via email? Are you creating a shared link to the file, or sharing the folder with the file in it, or just sharing the file?

Have you tried checking the version history of the file to see if someone if reverting the file to its previous version?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?