cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File transfer

File transfer

luizaamaral
New member | Level 2

Hi there, I'm considering upgrading to the professional work plan (3TB of storage) which allows me sending up to 100GB per transfer. My question is "if I get this plan, can a client send me let's say 300GB (3 rounds of 100GB), even if he doesn't have an account with Dropbox?". 

Thanks heaps

1 Reply 1

Re: File transfer

Mark
Super User II

Not via Dropbox transfer, no. 

Dropbox Transfer is a way of you sending files to other people, not, the other way. 

You are wanting to use File Requests, however, I'd say that unless the person has VERY FAST and reliable uploading on their device uploading a 100gb file to the website is going to be risky (i.e. in that it fails)

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?