cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File unable to be downloaded by people I am sending link to

File unable to be downloaded by people I am sending link to

kidhell
Explorer | Level 3

I am sending the link to a file I have uploaded into my Dropbox and people are getting this message "archived filed unable to download". I moved that file completely out of Dropbox and then re-uploaded it. But it is having the same problem. Help please… thanks

3 Replies 3

Re: File unable to be downloaded by people I am sending link to

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @kidhell, thanks for taking the time to message us!

How large is the file they're trying to download? 

Is it a zip file, or another kind archived file? Could they try using a different browser to download it to their machine?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

kidhell
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Jay... thank you for the response.  I believe the issue is that Mac computer zipped files (which contain MP3) are having an issue downloading.  This same file has been there in my Dropbox account and was previously working fine.  The zip file is only 28mb in size.  But now for some reason, when I send that link to anyone, they are getting a message that an "archived file" can not be downloaded.  I went as far as removing the file from Dropbox, creating an entirely new zip file of the same mp3s, and then uploading it again.  This new file is having the same issue.  Do you know of any problems that Dropbox is having with zip files from Macs?

Jay
Dropboxer
Currently, there isn't any issue with zip files on Mac devices. What program are you using to zip the file?

What happens if you use another zip program to zip the files?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?