cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: File upload gets hung up or loses connection

File upload gets hung up or loses connection

rogerky72
New member | Level 2

I am able to upload files to my account up to around 20 MB.  However, when I try to upload files between about 25 - 45 MB, the website keeps getting hung up or losing connection. I have a good internet connection and I have plenty of space left in my account.  How can I upload these files?

20 Replies 20

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Hey @rogerky72, how are you today? 

Have you tried a different browser other than the one you're currently using? 

If I were you, I'd also try an incognito tab on your current browser. Can you give it a go, and let me know of any updates?

Thanks! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

rogerky72
New member | Level 2

I have tried three browsers and private/incognito browsing as well, but uploads above about 20 MB still get hung up.  As mentioned, I have plenty of account space and a good internet connection.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Hey @rogerky72, sorry to jump in here, but could you try rebooting your modem and computer and try again?

If you still get the same results, I'd appreciate a screenshot of the exact error you're getting. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

zdroberts
New member | Level 2

Having the same issues as I've given up trying to get the desktop app to work. Really wish it would upload files in order to at least when the web upload randomly cuts out (not because of losing internet) I can start up again with the last file. 

huyness
Collaborator | Level 9

this is a problem that has been occuring for 4 years. there's already a 13 page thread about it without any assistance from Dropbox because it does not occur enough for them to care

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-files-folders/Upload-has-been-stuck-saying-quot-1-sec-left-q...

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @zdroberts & @huyness, how are you today? I'd be happy to help and look into this for you! 

Can you let me know your app's version, along with its syncing status, please? How long have you noticed this behavior?

Keep me posted and we'll take it from there. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

huyness
Collaborator | Level 9

im not using the app. and i don't sync. i'm using the dropbox website. it's been going on for over 2 years.  i've posted this same problem on this same thread numerous times as well as other people.  you upload files, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. sometimes it uploads all of them but with the last file it just hangs there. or you upload a movie and it just hangs at the last 1%.

i suggest you through and read the comments from all these people with the same problem.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @huyness, thanks for clarifying. 

Since this isn't a consistent behavior then there could be a number of things that impact and fuel this. 

It could be a connection issue, a browser and cache issue and more. I suggest you check the status page when you notice this, to see if our website is operating as it should.

Provided that everything is functional there, you'd want to clear your cache, cookies and also try a different browser. 

If after all the basic troubleshooting you notice the same problem, then that means the issue is located back on us. All you have to do then is give us a shout. 

I hope this clarifies. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Sockboy50
New member | Level 2
Im having the same issues uploading small 2 mb files to dropbox thru an app called hi q. It used to work but now always says connection lost. It happens with and without wifi or mobile data
Need more support?