cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files Deleted during Transfer

Files Deleted during Transfer

krystalsmith
Explorer | Level 3

I had a business account up until December 2020.  I transferred all of my files at that time and deleted them from Dropbox.  I just noticed now in February 2021 that many of those files did not transfer.  I need to retrieve my deleted files.  I see them in events where I deleted them but they are greyed out.  How can I retrieve these files?  Because I had a business account at that time can't I retrieve them up to 180 days or something like that.  Or if I upgrade to a business account now can I go back in and retrieve them.  These are very important files.

1 Reply 1

Re: Files Deleted during Transfer

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @krystalsmith, thanks for posting today!

If the files are greyed out in the events page, then it would mean that they can't be recovered.

Have you tried using the deleted files page to see if it's possible from there? 

As it seems like the files were deleted outside of 30 days ago, as you no longer on a Business plan, it wouldn't be possible to recover them. upgrading now wouldn't be retroactive, since the files were still deleted outside of 30 days.

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?