cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files Not Saving - shared with many people and conflicted copies being made. Any help?

Files Not Saving - shared with many people and conflicted copies being made. Any help?

larrylozier
New member | Level 2

We have about 4-5 different people all using the same document in dropbox.  Some of my team members get instant notifications when someone has saved information or changed a file or is working on the file. Others do not.  When two people are working the same file we start to get "conflicted copies" or the changes they make arent saved at all.

Can someone help me navigate this?

Cheers! 

3 Replies 3

Re: Files Not Saving - shared with many people and conflicted copies being made. Any help?

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hi there @larrylozier, I hope you're well today!

Is it possible that not everyone is editing the document in the same way?

For example, editing the file via the desktop app, or editing the file via the website online integrations.

If you haven't already, please take a look at this article to see if any of the info there helps.

Keep me posted - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Files Not Saving - shared with many people and conflicted copies being made. Any help?

larrylozier
New member | Level 2

Hey Daphne!

Thank you for taking the time to get back to me.  We all use the "online" version when editing the document.  I made sure we did that after I researched the conflicted copy.  I am actually the only one who doesn't receive instant notifications that someone else is working on the document or asked "would you like to see the changes INSERT NAME made."  

This is the best example I can give of whats going on.  Yesterday, we were working on the document, the online version.  I believe three of us were in the document together and two of our changes were completely wiped/not saved.  I cannot figure out the reasoning behind this?

Thank you for your help! 

Daphne
Dropboxer
Thanks for that info @larrylozier!

Can you just confirm for me, does everyone who edits this file have the folder that the file is within shared with them, and not just the individual file?

Since you mentioned that you seem to not have the same options, do you perhaps only have the file shared with you, and not the folder that the file is within?

If you are a member of the folder, can you let me know if you see any difference when you use an incognito browsing window, or another browser altogether?

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?