cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files Not syncing stuck at 260 files Help!!!!

Highlighted

Files Not syncing stuck at 260 files Help!!!!

Explorer | Level 3

I am at work and I was moving files around to re organize of filing system and the files are stuck at 260 files. The dropbox icon next to my clock says syncing but its been 2 days and the rest of my team cant see my changes.

11 Replies 11
Highlighted

Re: Files Not syncing stuck at 260 files Help!!!!

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @smo1234

Welcome to the Dropbox Community; I’m here to help get that squared away! 

It looks like you’re working on a pc, so I’ll send you the relevant steps for a Windows device. Since you mentioned that the sync status has been stuck for two days, I’d suggest unlinking & relinking your account as a great first step to recreate the local database

Additionally, you can fix permissions & hardlinks through the app preferences:

(Note: Please note that it is very important to follow these steps specifically as failure to do so may result in other issues)

1. Make sure the Dropbox desktop application is running & click on the Dropbox icon in your system tray. → Then click next to your profile picture in the Notifications panel. 
  2. Select 'Preferences' & then navigate on the 'Account' tab.
  3. Hold down the 'Space' key. 
  4. Click on the 'Fix Permissions' button (make sure you're still holding down the 'Space' key & then the ‘Fix Hardlinks’ button. 
  5. You may be prompted for your a username and password, this is your computer login credentials, not your Dropbox account ones. 

Please let me know how you get on with this advice & I’ll do my best to touch-base soon. Thanks!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hey Jane I tried the first option and now its yning 9,000 + files and it has a +2 next to it, and when i tried the 2nd option when i hot the space butoon nothing happens.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Thanks for taking the time to try all my suggestions @smo1234!

You should get a pop-up window detailing you that you’ve successfully fixed hardlinks or permissions each time. Did you get that? 

In order to make sure I’m further advising correctly, can you include a screenshot (omitting personal info) in your next message for me showing me your current sync status? If that’s looping or isn’t stable, please let me know. 

Once I have this info, I‘ll try to get back in touch here soon. Thanks again! 

Jane

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

It took more than 24 hours to sync. It finally finihsed today. But I lost work I had done before the problem( I was in the process of renaming and organzing my files) And I noticed that there are double files of things now. What do I do now? I dont want double the file but which one do I delete?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Thanks for keeping in touch with me here @smo1234!

As you mentioned that you moved items as the app was syncing, I’d suggest checking at your Events to see if you can revert back to a point in time before this occurred. You may also be able to use our Rewind feature that lets you undo a large number of changes at once, depending on your plan. 

I hope this helps you get that sorted soon!

Jane

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

One day after i wrote my last message on here the syning stopped again. Now are my file not only not syncing but My co workers are not able to see soem of the folders that I creat. This causing a huge issue in work flow. Help

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @smo1234!

Thanks for getting back to the Community about this. I will help with this.

Please let me know your current Dropbox desktop app syncing status

A screenshot would be a great help.

Thank you in advance! 

Fiona

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Sync status is stuck on 9 files for more then 2 weeks. Screenshot 2020-01-08 11.40.33 (edited-Pixlr).jpg

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

I see. Try unlinking and relinking the Dropbox application and let me know if the 11 files synced.

If you haven't tried that, please also reboot your device.  

Finally, if the issue persists, let me know if you know which files are causing this problem. 

Note. I edited your screenshot to protect your privacy. 

Hope this step is fixes it. If it doesn't I will create a ticket for you to look into this further. 

Thank you  for your patience @smo1234

Fiona

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?