cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files Stored in 2014 Cannot be Seen

Files Stored in 2014 Cannot be Seen

addisonpelayo
New member | Level 2

Files I saved in the year 2014 in dropbox cannot be found. I haven't used my dropbox account til now. Is it possible that dropbox remived my files since I was idle for a long time?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Files Stored in 2014 Cannot be Seen

Rich
Super User II

@addisonpelayo wrote:

Files I saved in the year 2014 in dropbox cannot be found. I haven't used my dropbox account til now. Is it possible that dropbox remived my files since I was idle for a long time?

If your account was idle for more than a year, it may have been deleted due to inactivity. Dropbox sends several emails before this happens. If your account was deleted, you've likely signed in to a new, empty account. Unfortunately, once an account has been deleted, neither the account nor the files within it can be restored.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@addisonpelayo wrote:

If your account was idle for more than a year, it may have been deleted due to inactivity. Dropbox sends several emails before this happens. If your account was deleted, you've likely signed in to a new, empty account. Unfortunately, once an account has been deleted, neither the account nor the files within it can be restored.

View solution in original post

addisonpelayo
New member | Level 2
Thank you!
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

addisonpelayo New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?