cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files are not saved

Files are not saved

Kostya T.
Explorer | Level 3

Files are not saved. On 9th March we worked with documents no promplem. But next day we discoved they were not saved even though they were showing Green Icon. How can we get it back and protect our documents from loosing data? 

3 Replies 3

Re: Files are not saved

Hannah
Dropboxer

Hi @Kostya T., welcome to Dropbox Community!

If your files showed green check marks after you worked on and saved them, they should be synced to your Dropbox.

Can you check your "All files" page here, to confirm?

Also, are changes on the files visible on the Dropbox site for all users, or only some of them?

Let me know what you find and we'll go from there!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Kostya T.
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Hannah,

Thanks for checking. The files did not change. I stopped working on them on 10th March when I discovered that data entered into files on 9th March was not saved. 

Here is the chronology of events:
1. On March 9, changes were made to the files. Synchronization was successful, which was evidenced by a green check.
2. On March 10, I discovered that the data entered on March 9 in the files were not updated. The work in the files is terminated at this point.

Daphne
Dropboxer
Thanks for the additional info @Kostya T.!

If you check the version history of this file in your account online, do you see the edits made from the 9th?

Otherwise, if you check the Events page here, do you see the edits being saved for the file on the 9th?

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?