cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Files arrangement by order

Files arrangement by order

Nigelng8988
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

After uploading files in folder, can I rearranging the files in the order I prefer them to be in?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Nigelng8988 wrote:
After uploading files in folder, can I rearranging the files in the order I prefer them to be in?

Like any file system, files are sorted by either file name, date, size, etc. If you want a specific order for your files, sort alphbetically and then rename your files so they appear in the order you wish.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Nigelng8988
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
After we uploaded our HD photos into folder, can we view and have basic editing tools such as what we have on instragram ? We r all using 3rd party photo editor before uploading photos to Dropbox for storing or sharing. This wasted space on our external memory or internal hard disk. Also takes longer time. Why not just upload on Dropbox and edit directly on Dropbox cloud. And also, if audience wish, they can edit or re-edit the filters by themselves upon viewing the shared folder.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Nigelng8988 wrote:

Like any file system, files are sorted by either file name, date, size, etc. If you want a specific order for your files, sort alphbetically and then rename your files so they appear in the order you wish.

Nigelng8988
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thats the thing. If we cannot name it in that specific aplabetic manner,  we cant rearrange them in the order we wish them to be.

Why not allow flexiblity to cater to user's personal reason? Im suggesting to help improve. 

BillyWeave
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I’m new to Dropbox.

I spent hours creating a folder with about 90 files in a certain order.  When I share it with anyone, the order of the files changes. If I follow the link that I sent, they are in the correct order. How can I fix this?

I was also unable to reorder the files because I couldn’t find the reorder button in any drop downs.

I’m using an iPad Pro.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hello, @BillyWeave! Thank you for posting today!

Do they see the same result when trying to view the content in an incognito mode on their browser?

Also, how do you share the folder with them? 

Here's how you can sort the files in your account. 

Let me know what you find.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?