cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files arrangement by order

Files arrangement by order

New member | Level 2

After uploading files in folder, can I rearranging the files in the order I prefer them to be in?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Files arrangement by order

Super User II

@Nigelng8988 wrote:
After uploading files in folder, can I rearranging the files in the order I prefer them to be in?

Like any file system, files are sorted by either file name, date, size, etc. If you want a specific order for your files, sort alphbetically and then rename your files so they appear in the order you wish.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Photos editor

New member | Level 2
After we uploaded our HD photos into folder, can we view and have basic editing tools such as what we have on instragram ? We r all using 3rd party photo editor before uploading photos to Dropbox for storing or sharing. This wasted space on our external memory or internal hard disk. Also takes longer time. Why not just upload on Dropbox and edit directly on Dropbox cloud. And also, if audience wish, they can edit or re-edit the filters by themselves upon viewing the shared folder.

Super User II

@Nigelng8988 wrote:

Like any file system, files are sorted by either file name, date, size, etc. If you want a specific order for your files, sort alphbetically and then rename your files so they appear in the order you wish.

View solution in original post

New member | Level 2

Thats the thing. If we cannot name it in that specific aplabetic manner,  we cant rearrange them in the order we wish them to be.

Why not allow flexiblity to cater to user's personal reason? Im suggesting to help improve. 

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?