cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files changed on one of my 2 PCs are not synched with Dropbox. Was no problem in the past.

Files changed on one of my 2 PCs are not synched with Dropbox. Was no problem in the past.

CorneelH
New member | Level 2

I use Dropbox on two Windows 10 PCs. One (a laptop) always belonged to me, the other (a desktop) to my late husband, but I added myself as user.

On both I use Dropbox integrated with explorer, so I edit files and store them in a map in Dropbox.

I see on both PCs the same maps.

Changes made in files on the laptop I see on the desktop, but changes made in files on the desktop I cannot see on the laptop.

Why don't the two integrate?

How can I check which machine owns the Dropbox and which has access?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Files changed on one of my 2 PCs are not synched with Dropbox. Was no problem in the past.

Mark
Super User II

You need to make sure that all devices are using the same username and password (i.e. the same email and password). Syncing cannot occur without that. 

You can see accounts by going in to the Preferences menu of Dropbox or clicking on the little icon at top right. If you need to swap the emails unlink and relink: https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/settings-sign-in/sign-in-out

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Re: Files changed on one of my 2 PCs are not synched with Dropbox. Was no problem in the past.

Mark
Super User II

You need to make sure that all devices are using the same username and password (i.e. the same email and password). Syncing cannot occur without that. 

You can see accounts by going in to the Preferences menu of Dropbox or clicking on the little icon at top right. If you need to swap the emails unlink and relink: https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/settings-sign-in/sign-in-out

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

CorneelH
New member | Level 2

Thanks to your advice, I now can find the account I use on the laptop, and see in the settings the e-mail address I use (the expected one).

However, on my desktop I don't get any options. When I choose Dropbox it directly shows the Explorer.

But.. it did synchronise now!

Do you maybe have an advice how to see the Dropbox settings on my desktop?

CorneelH
New member | Level 2

It is solved! After restarting my desktop the Dropbox icon appeared, I could check the settings and turn on the option to synchronise when starting Dropbox. I could also see that my desktop did use the same account and email address as my laptop.

Thanks a lot!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

CorneelH New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?