cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files from two accounts merged into one, how can I unlink them?

Highlighted

Files from two accounts merged into one, how can I unlink them?

New member | Level 2

I have a person dropbox account that I use on some of my devices at home. My boss and I share a different personal account for work purposes. I recently set up a new laptop, set up the dropbox app and logged in under my boss' account but it merged the files from BOTH account into hers, and now she is able to access all my files from my other account.

How can I unlink these?? Everything shows that I'm only signed in under her personal account.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Files from two accounts merged into one?

Not applicable

Hello @NatP2020 

Do you happen to have personal files on the new computer where you setup the Dropbox App? If so, that's probably why your personal files are showing up in your other Dropbox Account. When you download the Dropbox app, it uses the syncing feature to sync files on your computer to your account. Since you were signed into your other account the files synced to that account. But don't panic, your files haven't merged together from the two seperate accounts and you can disable the sync feature by going to https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/sync-uploads/pause-resume and follow the provided instructions. I hope this helps!

-----

HeartDid this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?