cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files in a shared folder aren't appearing

Highlighted

Files in a shared folder aren't appearing

Explorer | Level 3

I made an account and made a folder, then invited a collaborator to share files with me. She uploaded her files and says that they appear in hir Dropbox- but they don't appear in mine. She even clicked the share button and I got an email inviting me to access my folder - but it's still empty. I can put a file into it, and can see that file on other computers... but I still can't see my collaborator's. It's been an hour since she uploaded, which seems like long enough for the upload to complete.

I am a basic user- but I checked and see that I have only used 224 Mb of my total 2 Tb available, so I don't think space is the problem. I'm honestly not sure what is. I tried talking to the chatbot- but it didn't help, and tried searching for answers to no avail... so I'm turning to the forum.

Any ideas on what might be going wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Files didn't transfer

Dropboxer

It sounds like their files didn't sync, so they would need to check if the Dropbox desktop application is running and syncing.

They can check their bandwidth settings to see if this improves the sync speed.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @MaineProf, thanks for joining the Community!

Do the files in the shared folder appear online on your account, but not your computer? If so, then they could have incompatible characters that your OS can't read.

If they're not in the folder online, then it mean it didn't sync from their machine to the site.

Additionally, the Basic plan has 2 GB of quota, not 2 TB.

Keep me posted!

Jay

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks Jay They're not in her folder online, so presumably they didn't sync to the site. Is there anything she needs to do to encourage this syncing, or should I just wait a while longer?

Highlighted

Dropboxer

It sounds like their files didn't sync, so they would need to check if the Dropbox desktop application is running and syncing.

They can check their bandwidth settings to see if this improves the sync speed.

Jay

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thank you- you're right, the problem was on my collaborator's end. She fixed things up and the files transferred immediately.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Excellent news, @MaineProf, glad to hear you got the files synced successfully. 

If you need any further assistance, please let me know. Enjoy your week ahead!

Jay

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?