cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Files lists don't match

Files lists don't match

Photon_wrangler
New member | Level 2

The list of files in the Desktop app doesn't match the list in the Dropbox folder or the list on the dropbox.com site. For example, there is a Mac folder in the Desktop app and on dropbox.com, but not in the Dropbox folder.

All files are set to local

3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @Photon_wrangler, welcome to the Dropbox Community and happy Monday! 

If you've ensured that the app is 'up to date' and not still syncing in your menu bar, could you check if this folder is being selectively unsynced from your computer through the app's preferences?

Let me know what you find!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Photon_wrangler
New member | Level 2

I've looked more carefully and find I was somewhat mistaken. The file lists of Desktop app, website, and iPhone do match. The  file list of the, Dropbox folder, which I assume is  part of the Desktop app, lacks the "Mac" files that the other three have.

Initially, I emptied the Dropbox folder and reinstalled the Desktop app. After synchronizing everything, the Dropbox folder lacked several files that the other places had. I had to drag other files to the folder to use them.

As an aside, I'm quite impressed with Dropbox. I read every document and watched everything on the website. Of the two friends to whom I've enthusiastically explained the functioning, one immediately started using it, and the other is leaning that way.

Thank you for your kind and quick response

Walter
Dropboxer
I'm glad you managed to resolve your concern in the end @Photon_wrangler

While we're at it, you can have a look at this post for more information about syncing. I think you'll find it very insightful!

Take care and see you around the Community!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?