cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files lost after being uploaded to Dropbox Move

Highlighted

Files lost after being uploaded to Dropbox Move

New member | Level 2

I just got a new laptop tto replace my old one, and was prompted by the new laptop to use Dropbox Move to move my files from the  old laptop to the new one. I did exactly that and the application was complete without and errors or issues coming up. I signed out of my old laptop after the upload and when I accessed my Dropbox account on my new system, a lot of my old pictures were missing. I have searched my old laaptop but none of the files are there because they were moved to Dropbox. How can I find these files and resolve the issue.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Files lost after being uploaded to Dropbox Move

Dropboxer

Hello there @taiwo_ososanya, thanks for reaching out!

Can you let me know if you're able to find the files in your Dropbox account online?

Also, can you let me know what the sync status of the Dropbox app on the new computer is showing?

Let me know and we'll take it from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?