cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files missing after logging into an inactive account

Highlighted

Files missing after logging into an inactive account

New member | Level 2

I missed the few emails that DropBox sent to my husband's email saying they were going to close my account if I did not log in - well my husband sent me the final email which is below. My husband thinks we had a number of folders/files in the DropBox account but when I logged in yesterday they were not there.  is there anyway to look back in history or is there a back up where the folders/files might be found?  Since it says "subject to deletion" and doesn't say they actually deleted them, I am hoping there might still be a way to see if we had files we are now missing.  I found no where any contact info where I can speak or email directly to a DropBox support person which is what I really need.

We’ve noticed you haven’t used your XXXXXXX.   Dropbox account in over one year and have closed your account for you. Devices connected to this account have now stopped syncing. Any remaining files in your account will be subject to deletion.

Note: If you recently used Dropbox, we’re emailing you about a separate, unused account. Compare the email address of the account you’re actively using with the address included in this email. Even a difference as small as adding or removing a period ('.') could indicate a separate account.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Missing Files

Dropboxer

Hi @cakurleeq, thanks for joining the Community!

According to that email, the Dropbox account was deactivated due to lack of use.

If you're not seeing any files in there after logging in, could you check here to see if it's possible to recover any files?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?